Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
URI seems correct... controller seems correct, but I'm getting a 404

[eluser]tmcw[/eluser]
Could you take a look at this page: http://www.wm.edu/ucab/index.php/event/view/66 ? I have this application running well on another server, but I switched it over and it went kaput. You can see from the URI data that it's actually getting all of the necessary parts and mapping them to the right controller & method, but still returning a 404. Trying to just echo anything from the controller isn't quite working... so I don't know where the disconnect is.

Any help from the gurus? Thanks

[eluser]tmcw[/eluser]
Actually, it appears that requests for just index.php/event go to event->view()?

[eluser]tmcw[/eluser]
Ahh, reserved function names in PHP4. My mistake.

[eluser]zdknudsen[/eluser]
Do you have any custom routes, and did you remember to edit your config files (database.php and config.php) upon serverswitch?

Edit - Nevermind then (-;

[eluser]MadA[/eluser]
[quote author="tmcw" date="1189201138"]Ahh, reserved function names in PHP4. My mistake.[/quote]

What reserved function names did you use? I'm experiencing the exact same problems, so maybe you can help me too.

[eluser]barbazul[/eluser]
You can find a list of reserved function names in controllers here
As you can see, 'view' is a reserved function name and can be used as a controller function under PHP4

The reason for this is that in PHP4 the Controller class extends the Loader Class which already has a function named 'view' and they both conflict.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB