Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
$_POST data not coming in on remote site

[eluser]adam_v[/eluser]
issue resolved.

[eluser]WanWizard[/eluser]
If you turn on debugging (log_threshold = 4), so you see the admin controller get loaded?

On your local machine, do you also run it from the /dev folder? If not, is the base_url() defined properly? No .htaccess rewrites or routing getting in the way?

[eluser]adam_v[/eluser]
[quote author="WanWizard" date="1277155652"]If you turn on debugging (log_threshold = 4), so you see the admin controller get loaded?

On your local machine, do you also run it from the /dev folder? If not, is the base_url() defined properly? No .htaccess rewrites or routing getting in the way?[/quote]

the admin controller is definitely getting loaded, because the login() function is working..

locally, i do not run it from dev, but the base_url is properly configured. as you can see the rewrites work fine on every other page.

Now here's a weird thing:
I changed my authenticate() function to this:

Code:
function authenticate() {
echo 'request method: '.$_SERVER["REQUEST_METHOD"].'<br/>';
echo 'post data: ';print_r($_POST);
}

And it's telling me that $_SERVER["REQUEST_METHOD"] is GET! I have defined the method as 'post' in the login form:

Code:
&lt;?=form_open('admin/authenticate',array('id'=>'login','method'=>'post'));?&gt;

scratching my head here..

[eluser]adam_v[/eluser]
Ok, so now it's spontaneously working fine. I blame dreamhost messing up php config.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB