Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
ActiveRecord for CodeIgniter: Rails-style model interactions

[eluser]frith[/eluser]
Is development/support for this dead in the water?
I personally was really excited when this thread appeared as it seemed it was the very best implementation of an ORM/CRUD layer to date.

Particularly some of the additions and modifications made later in the thread which to me made it a viable solution. Chromice's addition, I felt, really focused it and made it easier to implement and work with.

Unfortunately the project I was hoping to test this on got sidelined so I haven't been able to implement it in a real world solution. I have done some mini test apps and I have a feeling that this library or some variation of it is going to become indispensable for me.

Does CI have any plans to incorporate something like this into the core? It seems Kohana have taken nmweb's port of this code and run with it. It's already been implemented in SVN and should be appearing as a supported feature in the next version. I would like very much to stick with CI because of the strength of it's user base. But for me this is a make or break feature that will decide the way my future projects get developed. Not sure if other's feel the same.

Messages In This Thread
ActiveRecord for CodeIgniter: Rails-style model interactions - by El Forum - 12-21-2007, 05:44 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB