Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Page is loaded OK long before the browser thinks it's all loaded (= 5 sec later)

[eluser]WanWizard[/eluser]
My server? Sorry, no Windows in this here shoppe... Smile

As a test, try raising the connection timeout to 300 seconds, just to avoid the server killing the connection while the browser still waits for a packet. If it doesn't work, set it back to 120.

Another question: you mentioned that in your packet trace you noticed what looked like a HTTP header at the *end* of the page. Do you still have that trace available? If so, what was the exact header that was attached to the end of the page?

And one more: I assume you made the trace on the client? Any chance of making a similar trace on the server?

I get whispered in my ear that this can also be caused by a process on the server trying to do something, and fail. I've seen this happens once on a https site, where the server tried to contact verisign for certificate validation, but the connection was silently dropped by a firewall. The server had to wait for a timeout before continuing with the request.

Messages In This Thread
Page is loaded OK long before the browser thinks it's all loaded (= 5 sec later) - by El Forum - 07-29-2010, 03:29 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB