Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
I need help implementing grid

Hi all,
I need some help, because I can't implement an example of grid with checkbox in codeigniter. The example is next: http://www.trirand.com/blog/jqgrid/jqgrid.html,
I can't show an even empty grid, somebody could explain to me step to step how do it?
I Attached the view, I appreciate any help.
Thanks a lot.

Fernando

(This post was last modified: 11-21-2014, 04:17 PM by bclinton.)

(11-21-2014, 03:40 PM)newphpprogrammer Wrote: Hi all,
I need some help, because I can't implement an example of grid with checkbox in codeigniter. The example is next: http://www.trirand.com/blog/jqgrid/jqgrid.html,
I can't show an even empty grid, somebody could explain to me step to step how do it?
Thanks a lot.

Fernando

This isn't a CodeIgniter question, especially since you can't show an empty grid.  Here are the steps I suggest:

1) Read about the Developers Tools console in Chrome, or the FireFox Developer Tool in Firefox, or whatever tool you will be using in the browser of your choice.  If you are going to be using Javascript, you are going to be using this a lot.

2) Show an empty grid in a static html document, get help on jqGrid forums if you need it. 

3) Populate the grid using a static text file containing JSON or XML,

4) Once you have the grid showing up and loading static data from a text file, figure out how to make CodeIgniter return the same html that displays the grid and the same JSON or XML that is populating the grid.

As you can see, most of the work here is done before you ever get to CodeIgniter.

Looking at your view, isn't this supposed to be an HTML document? Where are the html tags? html, body, etc?

(11-21-2014, 04:03 PM)bclinton Wrote:
(11-21-2014, 03:40 PM)newphpprogrammer Wrote: Hi all,
Thanks a lot.

Fernando

This isn't a CodeIgniter question, especially since you can't show an empty grid.  Here are the steps I suggest:

1) Read about the Developers Tools console in Chrome, or the FireFox Developer Tool in Firefox, or whatever tool you will be using in the browser of your choice.  If you are going to be using Javascript, you are going to be using this a lot.

2) Show an empty grid in a static html document, get help on jqGrid forums if you need it. 

3) Populate the grid using a static text file containing JSON or XML,

4) Once you have the grid showing up and loading static data from a text file, figure out how to make CodeIgniter return the same html that displays the grid and the same JSON or XML that is populating the grid.

As you can see, most of the work here is done before you ever get to CodeIgniter.

I'm sorry, but I am a little confused. I'm gonna try.
Thank you clinton!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB