Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Mailchimp API Version 1.2 Library

[eluser]GKWelding[/eluser]
To go along with my Google Maps API Version 3 post there's also a Mailchimp API Version 1.2 library on my blog, http://www.in-the-attic.co.uk/2010/07/21...e-igniter/. Example usage is given in that post. As previously this isn't a php class written by me but the official mail chimp php API class with a wrapper around it to make it code igniter compatible. I have also attached the files to thsi post once again.

As always, if you guys find any bugs then don't hesitate to get in touch with me.

Hey, I notice a few people have actually downloaded this. Does anyone have any feedback on the library. I'm not an avid user of Mailchimp myself so anything you have would be appreciated.

[eluser]echoDreamz[/eluser]
[quote author="GKWelding" date="1282162044"]Hey, I notice a few people have actually downloaded this. Does anyone have any feedback on the library. I'm not an avid user of Mailchimp myself so anything you have would be appreciated.[/quote]

I just downloaded it, good stuff! I use the HELL out of this now! Incorporating this into my new L2 gaming site as I type Smile!

Thank you!

I'm glad to see somebody's actually getting some use out of this thing. Everything working ok with it? Any bugs you find can you just post a comment on my blog under the relevant post as I'll have more chance of picking that up.

Also, if you wouldn't mind sending me some links to your sites that use this then I can give them a plug.

[eluser]darkhouse[/eluser]
I've got my own MailChimp library that I grow as I need new functionality for different sites - BUT - I'll take a look at yours, because if it's already got everything I need, then I don't mind replacing mine. I love MailChimp.

[eluser]darkhouse[/eluser]
Good work, I see what you did, you basically just incorporated CI into their API. The way I did mine was I loaded their class and created an api instance and then wrote a few functions to run things from the api instance. The good thing about my way is that if they add new methods to their class, it's just a drop in replacement. But I also had to write my own methods to do things which is a little redundant. One function in particular that I added (unless I'm missing it) is the ability to search for a specific list and get the id. It just loops through the results of lists method and compares the list name with whatever name you're searching, and returns the list id when it finds a match. I really don't know why they don't have that ability natively.

Anyways, good work.

[eluser]echoDreamz[/eluser]
Once the site is launched I will share the link. So far it is working perfectly!!! Thank you, saved me hella time!

Cheers darkhouse, I don't use Mailchimp myself and as such am looking for people to suggest functionality to add to this API, any more suggestions? maybe something that mailchimp doesn't support but you would like it to?

Any more suggestions for additional functionality before I freeze feature requests for the next release?

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB