Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CI email library problem when users input gmail or hotmail address as their email.

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
I have setup a mailer with the CI email library that that accepts users name, email, subject and message then emails it to myself.

The problem Im having is when a gmail or hotmail account are inputted as the users email the message isn't delivered.
When I add an "x" eg [email protected] before the mail is sent it gets delivered. So it seems either CI or Godaddy dont like relaying gmail or hotmail info...

I have tried using gmail smpt and godaddys sendmail with same results.

No debug errors.

Lots of hair pulling as this is very frustrating.

Any ideas?

[eluser]Nick_MyShuitings[/eluser]
If you are attempting to use that persons email address as the FROM email address, then you are correct in that the servers will have issues sending it (it looks a lot like spam impersonating an account).

You will have better luck looking into using that email as the REPLY-TO email, and sending the email FROM something like "[email protected]".

A bit more info on how you've setup the library would help debug.

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
You nailed it dude!

Thanks a lot.

The "reply-to" works with whatever I try.
Too bad about the "from" having to be hard coded but I can live with it.

[eluser]Nick_MyShuitings[/eluser]
Hehe, I had a lot of reading up on email providers when I did the backend for enote.com ... they are a bunch of finicky setups... definitely worse then the browsers. Glad it helped for something in the long run.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB