Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Empty table

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hello,

I have a codeigniter based website. It is a news website that is growing fast and after a year, i have discovered a very big error. The articles are stored in a table, currently there are over 10000 records, and sometimes after an editor writes an article and saves all the rows, from that table, become empty, i mean the rows are still there but besides the primary key all the fields, of each record are empty :| .
It has no sense, PLEASE if you have any ideea how to solve this, i've talked with some people but nobody came with a solution. Someone told me that it could be a PHP bug.
PLEASE any suggestion is welcomed!!!

Thank you!

[eluser]WanWizard[/eluser]
Could be anything, varying from an act of god, to a bug in code (yours, PHP, your database engine) to a hardware failure.
With this information, your guess is as good as mine.

Did you use hardware management tools to check the hardware (and in particular the disc and disk connection). Also check the server logs.
Did you use the database engine management tools, to check the integrity of the database? Did you activate query loggging?
If query logging shows an update query that wipes all data, look in the code for that query. Are you sure it's coded properly? No race situation that causes a where clause to be absent?

If you have checked this all, and come up with a blank, then maybe it's a PHP bug...

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Thank you for your reply, on the hardware side, i don't think there is any problem, i've already talked to them and it seems there is no hardware problem. I will use query logging to see if something related to the code comes up.
I will be back with the results.

[eluser]danmontgomery[/eluser]
You'd be hard pressed to find a PHP bug that causes database values to be blanked...

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB