Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Dove Forums - Version 2

[eluser]Bainzy[/eluser]
Well once I complete the software then I shall start talking to phil over how we can make it possible so it's a nice smooth integration with a installer .... But the forums will still work standalone too Smile

[eluser]Pschilly[/eluser]
Hows the switchover coming?

[eluser]Bainzy[/eluser]
Well had some strange problem with the modular seperation in the fact that on a local testing server everything was ok, switched it to my online server and starter throwing up router issues.

Took a long look into it and figured out the problem so its opperating again ... however its a long process as i am building in some extra functionality as i go. However i shall be woring on it for most of today and this evening to see if i can push it back to a live site that works again :/ .... lesson learned here though ..... start as you mean to go on and dont try cut corners ** slaps head **

Will keep everyone posted ! Smile

[eluser]Bainzy[/eluser]
spent the morning sorting out more problems that i have being running into ... but you will all be pleased to hear that development is now back on track and running smoothly Smile

More soon !

[eluser]Bainzy[/eluser]
Update :

Hey everyone,

Being working hard on Dove Forums this week and its nearly at a stage where I can link the demo back up and let everyone play. My goal is to have it finished by the end of the weekend. The changeover created alot of problems so i have recoded it again from the ground up ! .. so hopefully there should be no faults. I am currently working on the plugins system as i still cant get this to do what i want it to do properley ... so this feature may be removed for this release just so i can get it out for everyone who is interested in it.

I also have the admin backend to finish up ... this is one of the main delays as there is alot to add into it and this has got to be fully tested to make sure it works perfectly.

Anyway i shall get back to work and post more updates soon Smile

[eluser]Pschilly[/eluser]
Any updates?

[eluser]Bainzy[/eluser]
hey pschilly,

Still working away with it dont worry Smile I'v being rather busy with work and stuff lately so not had much spare time.

Will be posting a update later tonight ... hopefully a live link to the site too.

Regards
Chris

[eluser]Bainzy[/eluser]
Hello Everyone,

Right i have managed to get to a point where people can play with the forums a little bit. I am still working on it but if people would like to start playing about and look for any bugs before it goes into release the please feel free.

The link to the new site is :

http://www.doveforums.com/dove2/

You will have to create a new account for the time being until I create a demo admin account.

Please note that the Home page is not finished yet ! i have just used the welcome controller as a example page.

Email activation for new accounts is turned on ! so please make sure you enter a valid email address.

Click onto the Forums link Smile

Regards
Chris

[eluser]alaminx[/eluser]
Many bug now.

[eluser]Bainzy[/eluser]
can you give any explanation as to where the bugs are ??

Please remember i am still working on it and not all pages are finished

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB