Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Modular Separation with i18n Library (internationalization)

[eluser]ssachan[/eluser]
Hello Developers,
I am a newbie struggling with getting this working!
Has anyone used i18n library
http://maestric.com/doc/php/codeigniter_i18n
with modular separation.
I need some guidance on the changes that need to be made. There is a mention of the same in an earlier post but it isn't very clear with a lot of editing.

thanks in advance

Shikhar

[eluser]umefarooq[/eluser]
i hope you are facing problem MY_Config and MY_Language problem with modular separation because in modular separation MY_Loader file there are two classes MX_Language and MX_Config which are extend with CI_Language and CI_Config which will not let you load i18n library config and language file there are two ways you can enable to run i18n library config and language file either extend MY_Config class with MX_Config because MX_Config is already extended with CI_Config or MX_Config with MY_Config as MY_Config is already extended with CI_Config and do the same thing for Language classes also

Code:
either
  class MX_Config extends MY_Config
or
class MY_Config extends MX_Config

for lang

class MX_Language extends MY_Language

or

class MY_Language extends MX_Language

im sure it will work because i have already done its. if you face any more problem just put your problem here

[eluser]ssachan[/eluser]
Hi umefarooq,
Thanks for ur prompt reply and sorry for my delay.
It doesn't seem to work for me. I get a blank screen and I really have no clue where I should be looking for.
By the way, I am on a Mac and I don't have the index.php removed from my URLs. Can this be the reason for which I can't get the library working. If so please suggest changes where I could hit and try.

thanks in advances
Shikhar

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB