Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Finally, my first site submission! Cheers!!

[eluser]stevefink[/eluser]
Wow, I feel like I just gave birth.

So there's certainly some bugs left which I'm tweaking out, but I've finally delivered not only my first web application -- but also a Code Igniter powered one!

A little background and some words of inspiration. On resume, I'm a systems administrator / network engineer. I was recently approached by an individual I went to highschool with that just remembers me being a typical computer geek and asked me if I can program. I told him I'm up for any challenge and alas the following was born:

http://www.f1autoimports.com

I've always had a background in programming with my CS education and ofcourse, writing automated scripts in any systems/network environment I've been thrown at, mostly perl/bash based.

Let me tell you, never have I had more fun before, despite all the cross browser frustrations when writing front-end code, than doing web development. I'm slowly switching my career to doing development full time and hoping I have the opportunity to code more sites. The design here has been mostly put together by a colleague of mine -- I did all of the javascript/PHP/database design, he did 90% of the CSS/HTML, I did the other 10%.

Most of the "juice" for this site is in the administrative lounge. For obvious reasons I can't deliver f1auto's, but I do have a demonstration site up anyone can login to and have fun with at:

http://devel.phpgeek.org/console
login: admin
pass: f1auto

There's a mixture of jQuery+ExtJS objects floating around the site. This thing also pushes all of this companies inventory AUTOMAGICALLY every morning through a cron job to autotrader.com and cars.com. They no longer have to put in their inventory manually!

I plan on writing an eBay extension soon as well using their API.

Wow, there's still a lot of room for improvement. But I'm excited as hell. Nothing like getting paid to do what you love. I can't wait to be doing this full time.

Leave some love! :-) If you've got hate, leave it also, it'll give me more inspiration to work harder on bug fixes and my next project. :-)

-- Steve Finkelstein
zuez on EFnet / FreeNode IRC

[eluser]CodeOfficer[/eluser]
Grats Zuez! Hope that means you'll still hang with us on the #codeigniter IRC channel =)

[eluser]stevefink[/eluser]
I'm not going anywhere!

Heck, I come in there just to chat these days on off-topic chat either way.

And I don't plan on using anything but CI on applications that I can use it for. I need to take some features from ZenCart and convert them to CI for folks who want to use CI as a shopping cart -- because I know how much it pains me to write this shopping cart I'm doing right now in something different than CI. :-(

- sf

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB