Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
IBM's Getting Started With PHP Frameworks (CodeIgniter)

[eluser]Michael Wales[/eluser]
IBM publishes some really great articles/tutorials on their site but they most often focus on Ruby on Rails, or other PHP frameworks with a bit more "star power" behind them.

In their most recent tutorial, PHP frameworks, Part 1: Getting started with three popular frameworks they focus on the Zend Framework, CakePHP, and Symfony (although they do recommend checking out other frameworks, in which CodeIgniter was the first listed).

I've decided to start a translation of this article, you can find the first part live on my blog (IBM’s Getting Started with PHP Frameworks (CodeIgniter)) and I will continue to post the follow-up articles as IBM publishes theirs.

It will be interesting to perform some line-by-line comparisons and execution benchmarks on this application across the frameworks features and CodeIgniter, when all is said and done.

[eluser]Rick Jolly[/eluser]
Hey Michael, I'm really looking forward to this. I'm sure that your article will get a lot of traffic and direct many developers towards CI.

The 2nd part of the tutorial has been completed

Quote:So far, the tutorial has disappointed me - I can only hope part 3 will introduce something useful (validation!) rather than something retarded (AJAX submission of posts). Here’s the line-counts thus far for the controllers and models (I’m not counting Views to give the other frameworks, like CakePHP, a fighting chance here). Line-counts do not count comments or closing brackets (the opening line is counted):
Framework Controller Model
CodeIgniter 19 0
symfony 21 0
CakePHP 20 2
Zend 23 2

[eluser]Skulls[/eluser]
all this noise for an article in wich code igniter appears only once and is in the middle of a paragraph... man you don't have many things to do with your spare time? :>

That's the point - CodeIgniter isn't mentioned, therefore I am rewriting it using CodeIgniter.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB