Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
groceryCRUD version 0.8

[eluser]web-johnny[/eluser]
hope this example will help :-)
Relation-1-1 (user guide)

[eluser]kimy_cool[/eluser]
The My_Output.php posted here now works very well on Windows but the earlier My_Output.php works well in Linux.

I have the below function working very well. In this table i have a column called description(TEXT) where when adding a description, i want a way the first 20 words from description are formatted (strip special characters) and inserted in a column called except(TEXT) in the same table. How can i have this in this function or do i have to write a new function to achieve this?

Code:
function codes()
    {
        $this->crud->set_table('codes');        
        $this->crud->set_operations(array('add','edit','delete'));
        $this->crud->get();
    }

This CRUD is very well done!

-K

Actually for this you need a callback and I am still working on callbacks. I could say to you a way to do it, but it will confused you even more!!! But if you need to do this - I can write another post for it. Just tell me

[eluser]kimy_cool[/eluser]
Thank you web-jonny, if you have sometime, please post a way to accomplish this. Also on the templates/ i have developed my own template and some of the challenges i had to overcome was a way to use my own css, headers n footers. Maybe you can have a short tutorial/howto one can use own templates/. Also on the views/ there are many template views which am not sure what they ought to accomplish. Are you working on a Auth system since there are some login views in /views folder?

I have selected your CRUD for my custom CMS for travel companies and i guess I can post as many experiences am having with groceryCRUD to make it stable and extensible. What do you think?

-K

To change the default template you can go to /templates/backend/simple/template.php and just add to the header the css . To be more organized you can put it to the /templates/backend/simple/css/ folder. The same thing you can do it with the js to the folder /templates/backend/simple/js/. I first want to write a documentation for my Crud and after from the Template Controller.

For the other thing that you asked , when I will find time I will post you the code(I will tested too). Thank you for your support :-)

[eluser]KarlBallard[/eluser]
This will save me a lot of simple in my admin end of the site. Just out of curiosity before I download, this the view that is produced in an iframe like the demos, or did you just put the examples in iframes?

With those few line of codes you create all the crud that you just see. Its a package that you copy it to your codeigniter project. All the examples are in the controller examples.php so you will not have any problem. Actually I just realized that the example_9 is missing! I will update that ASAP.

[eluser]NeoArc[/eluser]
I like this plugin! Thanks.

Hmm, can you add more than one relationship? It seems than only the last one works.

Yes of course you can. You can add as many as you want. If 3 fields have relationship, you can add 3 relations. Try it ;-)

[quote author="kimy_cool" date="1295349084"]The My_Output.php posted here now works very well on Windows but the earlier My_Output.php works well in Linux.

I have the below function working very well. In this table i have a column called description(TEXT) where when adding a description, i want a way the first 20 words from description are formatted (strip special characters) and inserted in a column called except(TEXT) in the same table. How can i have this in this function or do i have to write a new function to achieve this?

Code:
function codes()
    {
        $this->crud->get();
    }

This CRUD is very well done!

-K[/quote]

here is your answer :-). Its tested that it works. But you first need to donwload the file: crud.php and replace your crud.php file. In your case it is on C:\xampp\htdocs\CI\system\application\libraries\crud.php . I'm working with callbacks. I am still working on it, that's why I don't have it in my version 0.8. Still want to write some documentation when I have time.

Code:
function codes()
    {
        $this->crud->set_subject('Code');

$this->crud->set_fields('description');
        $this->crud->callback_after_add(array($this,'add_except'));
        $this->crud->callback_after_edit(array($this,'add_except'));

$this->crud->get();
    }

function add_except($my_id, $post_array)
    {
        $this->load->helper('text');
        $this->db->update('codes',array('except' => word_limiter(strip_tags($post_array['description']),20)),array('id' => $my_id));
    }

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB