Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
1 app 1 mysql, 1 ci + many domains. is it possible?

[eluser]srpurdy[/eluser]
Title sort of explains it.

I want to be able to do 1 ci install. (that's not a problem) than have 1 application that runs. Where files can be uploaded etc. and lastly it will run off a single db. Than for example I can have simply an index.php that remotely uses this application. So that it seems like for the most part it is they're website. So multiple domains accessing 1 app. The only difference is each site will display information specific to that site. So really want I want to be able to do I think is be able to change the base_url on the application. Dynamically. I guess the good question is can this really logistically be done. Say more than 1 request comes in at the same time. That might cause some issues.

All of these would run off the same server of course.

Any thoughts?
Shawn

[eluser]lennierb5[/eluser]
I had a similar problem relating to CSRF.. The suggested fix was to change the base_url dynamically as you are looking to do. See a code example of how this would work here:

http://ellislab.com/forums/viewthread/175117/#831552

[eluser]srpurdy[/eluser]
Thanks that helps.

Does anyone know how I could read directory's above the directory index is located. I have a new vps and I'm having problems getting the vhost.conf to allow access to my application. :|

I guess it's not really on topic. Thought I'd ask though. I had no problem doing this on my other server, but it wasn't a vps. Any ideas? Smile

[eluser]srpurdy[/eluser]
nevermind was a config issue on the server. fixed it. Smile

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB