Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Partials? Administration? Speed? ....... SYMFONY??

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hello everyone,

This is my first post on this forum. I am a 17-year-old developer with almost 5 years of programming experience. I've used the Symfony framework for a couple of years now and I am considering moving to CodeIgniter.

However, there are two thing holding me back. First off, the Symfony framework supports global templates on a per-application basis, so you can create a basic HTML structure that you can utilize throughout the application (or per module). I haven't noticed anything similar in CodeIgniter and I also don't really feel like putting my menus, headers, footers and stuff in every single view file.

Second, Symfony offers an EXCELLENT admin-generator that generates administration modules for the end-user. Is there anything similar to that in CodeIgniter, and how does it compare?

I've got one final doubt and that is speed. Now this isn't really going to hold me back from CodeIgniter, but I would like to know how CodeIgniter compares to Symfony as far as speed goes.

Robin Kanters

Messages In This Thread
Partials? Administration? Speed? ....... SYMFONY?? - by El Forum - 01-19-2011, 06:02 AM
Partials? Administration? Speed? ....... SYMFONY?? - by El Forum - 01-19-2011, 09:53 AM
Partials? Administration? Speed? ....... SYMFONY?? - by El Forum - 01-19-2011, 09:55 AM
Partials? Administration? Speed? ....... SYMFONY?? - by El Forum - 01-19-2011, 10:27 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB