Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
codeigniter form validation and redirect, how could I repopulate the data?

[eluser]searain[/eluser]
In the samples of the user guide.

Success or fail, the "form" controller loads the different view.

But what I want to use is this way.

1) the current controller "form" will submit to another controller.
2) in that controller, I would do the form validation.
3) if validation fail, redirect back to the previous controller, "form".

This way, I have two issues.

1) first the error message display, I would need to use set_flashdata to pass the validation errors.

But
2) how could I repopulate the the form data if when fail I redirect it back to the previous controller, "form"? use session?

Thanks!

[eluser]RedIgniter[/eluser]
just change the <form action=""> action link to the controller you want the validation to take place, and check if $this->form_validation->run() == FALSE then redirect back to the page the form is.

[eluser]searain[/eluser]
Yeah. My question is how to repopulate the data if I redirect it back to the page the form is. the default way to repopulate the data is the for the form and validation controller using the same controller.

By saying repopulate you mean the values inside the input boxes so the users won't have to type in again?

[eluser]searain[/eluser]
yes.

hmm probably with set_value?

[eluser]InsiteFX[/eluser]
Why not just create a method in a library then you have
access to it anywhere?

InsiteFX

[eluser]Nisha S.[/eluser]
It is possible if you save the post array to a session before the redirect and restore it from session to $_POST array in the second controller before using the set_value method. But redirect on failure of form validation doesn't look a good way. Just do all in one controller as a best practice.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB