Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
One view template, multiple views inside it.

[eluser]Steve Moss[/eluser]
Hello, I just downloaded Code Igniter and now I'm learning it. So I already know how to pass data to views and all that. But what I need is create one view that has like multiple views inside it. I've seen some examples with 'header.php', 'footer.php'. But that's not what I need/want for two reasons.
1. I don't like the idea of it. I would rather have one file, for example 'baseView.php'.
2. Header/Footer concept wouldn't work in my case since I need to have something different.

What I would like is to have 'baseView.php' that would look something like this:
Code:
<!DOCTYPE html>
&lt;html&gt;
... (js, css etc...)
<div id="sideBar">
//Dynamic sidebar view here (information like server load, user login etc...)
</div>
<div id="content">
//Content here, items from database if we are logged in and some other stuff...
</div>
&lt;/html&gt;

Anyway, I hope you understand what I want to do. The reason for that is that I have (for example) and administration panel, I want the side bar, header, footer stay the same, but I need only content division to change based on what I want (for instance add something to DB or delete something from DB).

Is that possible, and if it is then how?

Messages In This Thread
One view template, multiple views inside it. - by El Forum - 03-04-2011, 03:33 PM
One view template, multiple views inside it. - by El Forum - 03-04-2011, 05:08 PM
One view template, multiple views inside it. - by El Forum - 03-04-2011, 05:47 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB