Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Unable to find the wrapper "feed" RSSParser Library

[eluser]nnash[/eluser]
I'm currently having a problem with the RSSParser Library (the one in the CI wiki) where I am getting this error

Code:
Severity: Warning

Message: file_get_contents() [function.file-get-contents]: Unable to find the wrapper "feed" - did you forget to enable it when you configured PHP?

Filename: libraries/RSSParser.php

Line Number: 89

I believe it is in reference to this code

Code:
<?php
    //Load the shiny new rssparse
    $this->load->library('RSSParser',array('url' => 'feed://api.flickr.com/services/feeds/photos_public.gne?id=30842919@N04&lang=en-us&format=rss_200', 'life' => 2));
    //Get six items from the feed
    $data = $this->rssparser->getFeed(6);
    foreach ($data as $item) :
       // do stuff with $item['title'], $item['description'], etc.
       echo '<h2>' . $item['title'] . '</h2>';
       echo '<abbr>' . $item['date'] . '</abbr>';
       echo $item['image'];
    endforeach;    
?&gt;

I also get this error:
Code:
Severity: Warning

Message: file_get_contents(feed://...@N04&lang=en-us&format=rss_200) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory

Filename: libraries/RSSParser.php

Line Number: 89

For some reason the RSSParser library doesn't seem to be liking the "feed://" part of the rss url, does anyone know how to fix this?

Messages In This Thread
Unable to find the wrapper "feed" RSSParser Library - by El Forum - 03-21-2011, 12:00 PM
Unable to find the wrapper "feed" RSSParser Library - by El Forum - 03-22-2011, 06:43 AM
Unable to find the wrapper "feed" RSSParser Library - by El Forum - 03-22-2011, 11:40 AM
Unable to find the wrapper "feed" RSSParser Library - by El Forum - 03-22-2011, 06:52 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB