Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Getting error with DOMPDF on Codeigniter 2 + dompdf-0.5.2

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hello dear friends.

I am new here, this is my first post!

I am trying to use the DOMPDF to generate PDF files, but i am getting an error.

My script works like that:

We get the data from the database, use a parser to parse the view model and output it to the PDF (as everyone do).

My code:

Code:
$dados = array(
       'nome' => $nome,
       'nome_guerra' => $nome_guerra
       );

$this->load->helper('to_pdf');
    $html = $this->parser->parse('relacoes/modelos/teste', $dados, TRUE);
    pdf_create($html, 'filename');

Of course the variables from $dados have been declared before

The error i receive is:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'PDFlibException' with message 'Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\xampplite\htdocs\codeigniter\system\helpers\to_pdf_helper.php:18)' in C:\xampplite\htdocs\codeigniter\system\helpers\dompdf\include\pdflib_adapter.cls.php:833 Stack trace:

#0 C:\xampplite\htdocs\codeigniter\system\helpers\dompdf\include\pdflib_adapter.cls.php(833): header('Cache-Control: ...')

#1 C:\xampplite\htdocs\codeigniter\system\helpers\dompdf\include\dompdf.cls.php(447): PDFLib_Adapter->stream('filename.pdf', NULL)

#2 C:\xampplite\htdocs\codeigniter\system\helpers\to_pdf_helper.php(11): DOMPDF->stream('filename.pdf')

#3 C:\xampplite\htdocs\codeigniter\application\controllers\relacoes.php(80): pdf_create('Cad MUNI SAMBA ...', 'filename')

#4 [internal function]: Relacoes->processar('1')

#5 C:\xampplite\htdocs\codeigniter\system\core\CodeIgniter.php(325): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)

#6 C:\xampplite\htdocs\codeigniter\index.php(198): require_once('C:\xampplite\ht...')

# in C:\xampplite\htdocs\codeigniter\system\helpers\dompdf\include\pdflib_adapter.cls.php on line 833

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

Quote:Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'PDFlibException' with message 'Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\xampplite\htdocs\codeigniter\system\helpers\to_pdf_helper.php:18)' in C:\xampplite\htdocs\codeigniter\system\helpers\dompdf\include\pdflib_adapter.cls.php:833 Stack trace: #0 C:\xampplite\htdocs\codeigniter\system\helpers\dompdf\include\pdflib_adapter.cls.php(833): header('Cache-Control: ...') #1 C:\xampplite\htdocs\codeigniter\system\helpers\dompdf\include\dompdf.cls.php(447): PDFLib_Adapter->stream('filename.pdf', NULL) #2 C:\xampplite\htdocs\codeigniter\system\helpers\to_pdf_helper.php(11): DOMPDF->stream('filename.pdf') #3 C:\xampplite\htdocs\codeigniter\application\controllers\relacoes.php(80): pdf_create('Cad MUNI SAMBA ...', 'filename') #4 [internal function]: Relacoes->processar('1') #5 C:\xampplite\htdocs\codeigniter\system\core\CodeIgniter.php(325): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #6 C:\xampplite\htdocs\codeigniter\index.php(198): require_once('C:\xampplite\ht...') # in C:\xampplite\htdocs\codeigniter\system\helpers\dompdf\include\pdflib_adapter.cls.php on line 833

Has anyone experienced this kind of problem, and can anyone help with this, tell me what is hapening?

Obs: I am using a local XAMPP server on Windows 7

Thank you very much.

[eluser]Riley123[/eluser]
I get an error too:

Warning: require_once(/Applications/MAMP/htdocs/extranet/application/helpers/dompdf/include/ci_exceptions.cls.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/extranet/application/helpers/dompdf/dompdf_config.inc.php on line 208

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/Applications/MAMP/htdocs/extranet/application/helpers/dompdf/include/ci_exceptions.cls.php' (include_path='.:/Applications/MAMP/bin/php/php5.3.6/lib/php') in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/extranet/application/helpers/dompdf/dompdf_config.inc.php on line 208

No idea why. dompdf doesn't even have a file called ci_exceptions.cls.php

[eluser]Ayeyermaw[/eluser]
@Muni It appears that your helper "to_pdf_helper.php" has already output a header (possibly an error) prior to calling the dompdf output. That's where you need to start looking.

Also as a side note. Do you really want to be putting custom helpers in the codeigniter system folder? You could have problems when you update future versions of codeigniter

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
@Riley123

Warning: require_once(/Applications/MAMP/htdocs/extranet/application/helpers/dompdf/include/ci_exceptions.cls.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/extranet/application/helpers/dompdf/dompdf_config.inc.php on line 208

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required ‘/Applications/MAMP/htdocs/extranet/application/helpers/dompdf/include/ci_exceptions.cls.php’ (include_path=’.:/Applications/MAMP/bin/php/php5.3.6/lib/php’) in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/extranet/application/helpers/dompdf/dompdf_config.inc.php on line 208

I have solved this problem by creating ci_exceptions.cls.php,an empty php file in that directory and i am not getting errors anymore.I dont know whether it is right way bt it is working well and not showing errors now

[eluser]Shiju S S[/eluser]
Quote:Remove ?> from the end of files
Like: dompdf_helper,dompdf

[eluser]Shiju S S[/eluser]
Code:
$this->load->helper(array('dompdf', 'file'));
$data['title']='PDF Printing';
$html=$this->load->view('viewfile_name',$data, true);
pdf_create($html, 'filename');

Quote:?> at the end of controller files will be causing the modify header error.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB