Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
No output on live machine

[eluser]jochemvn[/eluser]
I have the following problem. My website doesn't show any output on my live website. I develop local and it's no problem.
However when I upload it to my server I get a blank page. If I view the source in the browser... everything is there!!??!!? How is this possible??

[eluser]Atharva[/eluser]
Check for empty spaces before <? and after ?> in your controller

no that's not it. that's what one would suspect. but then when i would view the source, that would be empty wouldn't it?

[eluser]InsiteFX[/eluser]
Also check to see what version of PHP your server is running!

Check .htaccess file

InsiteFX

tried it both with and without .htaccess file. same result.

both servers are running 5.3.5, so that's not it either....

Sad

[eluser]pickupman[/eluser]
[quote author="jochemvn" date="1302365311"]I have the following problem. My website doesn't show any output on my live website. I develop local and it's no problem.
However when I upload it to my server I get a blank page. If I view the source in the browser... everything is there!!??!!? How is this possible??[/quote]

Are you saying you are able to see the proper html source in your browser in the live site? If so, I would look at Firebug(FF), or Web Developer Tools(Chrome) and see if you have some weird css rule hiding everything.

If you can see the proper html source only on the live site, and are using CI 2.0 (Reactor) try setting the ENVIRONMENT variable in index.php to 'testing', and see if you have some PHP errors. When you get no source in the browser, error reporting is probably set to off.

Sometimes the PHP errors come up when you have developed on a Windows machine were filename case doesn't matter, upload to a *nix environment which is case sensitive. Then proper file can not be loaded since it is looking for library.php instead of Library.php

Also check your server error logs.

[eluser]InsiteFX[/eluser]
Also check to see all your files were saved with the BOM

InsiteFX

[eluser]pickupman[/eluser]
Also check trailing spaces after a closing php tag before hardest are sent. Again this type of error may work in a development setting but not on a live sever for security reasons.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB