Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Weird problem trying to create/update a table with Model function

[eluser]BoyBlue[/eluser]
Thanks for posting Micflan...

Your post helped me realize that I made a mistake in my response to SiteFX. The "Game" Table is actually the "$table_name" Table.

But, you are correct in that the "$table_name" table does not have a field in it called "temp_email" or "temp_password" etc. And, if you notice with the model, after I've updated the "members" table with the info for "temp_email" and "temp_password" then the next function actually creates the "$table_name" table successfully(with the fields of "member_rating_id" and "rated" etc) all there.

The problem is with the next part(function get_game_data($table_name)) where I then try to grab only 2 columns of info from the "games" table("game_id" and "base_number")...But, for some reason the function is adding additional fields that it's trying to get("temp_email" "temp_password" etc...that is being called in the previous function where I'm inserting(successfully) those fields into the table.

So, what I can't figure out is why the info from the $new_member_data array fields are "bleeding" over into the next function where I'm trying to grab info in a completely separate function that doesn't share any variables with the previous function...

This has really got me perplexed and I'm sure it's something really simple I'm missing...

Please Help if you can.

Messages In This Thread
Weird problem trying to create/update a table with Model function - by El Forum - 04-13-2011, 09:10 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB