Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
HELP! regarding variable scope in a library I created

[eluser]steveh[/eluser]
It seems as there may not have been a scope issue after all... at least not of the type I'd originally considered.
Further to my above/original mention of "...will redirect() to a main_page...", I think I've pinned the prob to the actual redirect()... and on closer investigation, it is a HTTP redirect rather than a redirection of CI processing... hence it will be processing as a new Request and thus a new $myArray by the time it gets to call the other controller.
What I was doing with redirect() was trying to achieve the effect of $this->load->view() albeit to a controller. Is there any way I can transfer processing to a different controller that stays within the same request? (if there isn't, then perhaps my way around it is to shift the majority of my processing to views to enable use of load->view() merely as a means to call them).
In any event, thanks very much for your efforts in responding to my help request.
regards
Steve

Messages In This Thread
HELP! regarding variable scope in a library I created - by El Forum - 04-25-2011, 07:28 AM
HELP! regarding variable scope in a library I created - by El Forum - 04-25-2011, 07:38 AM
HELP! regarding variable scope in a library I created - by El Forum - 04-25-2011, 10:04 AM
HELP! regarding variable scope in a library I created - by El Forum - 04-25-2011, 07:17 PM
HELP! regarding variable scope in a library I created - by El Forum - 04-25-2011, 08:47 PM
HELP! regarding variable scope in a library I created - by El Forum - 04-26-2011, 04:21 AM
HELP! regarding variable scope in a library I created - by El Forum - 04-26-2011, 06:05 AM
HELP! regarding variable scope in a library I created - by El Forum - 04-26-2011, 07:01 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB