Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CODE TAGS!!!!

[eluser]cideveloper[/eluser]
Please, please, please use code tags when posting code. It is getting very hard to keep on reading code that is badly formatted. Look at the difference.

public function change_pass() {
if ($this->form_validation->run() == FALSE)
{
$data = array (
'message' => (validation_errors()) ? validation_errors() : $this->session->flashdata('message')
);
$this->load->vars($data);
$this->load->view('header');
$this->load->view('change_pass');
$this->load->view('footer');
}
else
{
$data = array (
'password' => $this->input->post('password', TRUE)
);
if($this->ion_auth->update_user($this->session->userdata('user_id'), $data)) {
$this->session->set_flashdata('message', $this->ion_auth->messages());
}
else
{
$this->session->set_flashdata('message', $this->ion_auth->errors());
}
redirect('/todo');
}
}

Code:
public function change_pass() {
        if ($this->form_validation->run() == FALSE)
        {
            $data = array (
                'message' => (validation_errors()) ? validation_errors() : $this->session->flashdata('message')
            );
            $this->load->vars($data);
            $this->load->view('header');
            $this->load->view('change_pass');
            $this->load->view('footer');
        }
        else
        {
            $data = array (
                'password'  => $this->input->post('password', TRUE)
            );
            if($this->ion_auth->update_user($this->session->userdata('user_id'), $data)) {
                $this->session->set_flashdata('message', $this->ion_auth->messages());
            }
            else
            {
                $this->session->set_flashdata('message', $this->ion_auth->errors());
            }
            redirect('/todo');
        }
    }

Almost every single post today has code with no code tags.

Please admins, put some notifications EVERYWHERE to remind people to do this. Or maybe have some javscript that would read the textbox and look for the greater than or lesser than symbol and as if it finds it remind the user to use code tags.

I love helping out when I can but this is getting very hard.

[eluser]cideveloper[/eluser]
I just got a response from a new user to the forums with the below

Quote:To answer why I did not put in code tags as it would not allow me to post my html because I do not have enough privileges yet.

Seriously, admins. Is this true!! Do new users not have the ability to use code tags? I will be very disappointed if this is true. I cant remember if I had this issue when I signed up.

[eluser]osci[/eluser]
[quote author="cideveloper" date="1308349105"]I just got a response from a new user to the forums with the below

Quote:To answer why I did not put in code tags as it would not allow me to post my html because I do not have enough privileges yet.

Seriously, admins. Is this true!! Do new users not have the ability to use code tags? I will be very disappointed if this is true. I cant remember if I had this issue when I signed up.[/quote]

neither did I and I signed later than you. Could It really be because of moderation?

[eluser]InsiteFX[/eluser]
Derek from EllisLabs and I spent alot of time trying to figure away to stop this, thats why you now see the red code tags when you click on FAST REPLY! But I guess they cannot read!

I even came up with the idea of doing away with the the FAST REPLY and just use POST REPLY for the full editor! But what good is it if they do not read how to do things?

So if they do not use code tags I am not going to waste my time trying to read it or convert all the qoutes!

InsiteFX

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB