Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
The new Session library...

[eluser]codelearn[/eluser]
This question is more or less directed to the people who worked on the new session library in the SVN (Derek I believe). The new library finally fixed my issue with IE dropping sessions on login (using Site Sentry) but I now have an issue with all browsers randomly dropping the session and logging me out... this happens seemingly randomly and can occur minutes or hours after I login.

Is this something that I am missing with Session Regeneration? My time_to_update is set to 5 in my config file?

Thanks for the great work Derek!

[eluser]Derek Allard[/eluser]
Hey codelearn.

You're welcome. In your config to you have ip or useragent matching turned on? Some people with ip matching have had trouble with their ISP randomly changing their ip on them.

5 seconds seems really fast to me, and you could argue that it is less secure to change it that often rather then just letting it be 3 or 5 minutes or something higher.

User-agent is matching... but IP is not. The site is http://www.campuslive.com if you have a moment to try to break it. I'll probably have to delete this post sometime soon so that Google does not index it when people search for our site Wink.

I'm getting about 10,000 uniques a day, so it could be some sort of scalability issue?

Bumping up for re-occurring problem.

Thanks.

I'm sorry, I don't have a solution off hand... what I'd do is insert exit and die commands into the session lib, and start comparing data. The problem that I see is that this is "random" and thus not recreatable. If you can figure out a way to re-create it, then we can narrow things down.

[quote author="Derek Allard" date="1197334937"]I'm sorry, I don't have a solution off hand... what I'd do is insert exit and die commands into the session lib, and start comparing data. The problem that I see is that this is "random" and thus not recreatable. If you can figure out a way to re-create it, then we can narrow things down.[/quote]

Sounds a lot like what James would of said. Thanks, Derek, I'll post if I can narrow it down further.

Who's James, sounds like a smart guy Wink

In any event, yeah, please do keep us/me apprised!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB