Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Logging a User as Logged in to FreakAuth - Without Launching CI?

[eluser]Vik[/eluser]
I'm integrating my CI app, with the Simple Machines Forum forum software. I'm using FreakAuth for authentication.

I've already got it working so that anyone who registers, logs on, or logs out on my CI app, is automatically registered, logged on, or logged out on my SMF forum. Smile

Now I'm working on getting this to happen in the other direction, so that anyone who registers, logs on, or logs out on my SMF forum, is automatically registered, logged on, or logged out on my CI app.

SMF has very convenient, elegant hooks built into it, so that you can have SMF call any PHP function you want when a user registers, logs on, or logs out.

But of course those hooks can't launch a CI app and call a specific CI function. Grahack has actually figured out a way to launch CI and "dip into" it, as he describes in this forum thread.

But that may be overkill for my purposes. All I need is to mark a user as being logged in for FreakAuth's purposes.

So, here's my question.

To mark a user as logged in for FreakAuth's purposes, is it correct that I just need to make the appropriate entry in the CI_Sesssions database, and write the appropriate cookie to the user's system?

Messages In This Thread
Logging a User as Logged in to FreakAuth - Without Launching CI? - by El Forum - 12-12-2007, 11:49 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB