Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
amazon-sdk library / sparks

[eluser]Zaher Ghaibeh[/eluser]
Amazon AWS SDK for php
This has been inspired from <a href="http://s.zah.me/AlzyHg">Kohana-aws-sdk</a>.

It has the full amazon sdk for php.

Requirements
Codeigniter : 2.1.X
PHP 5.3.x
AWS Account.

Minimum Requirements in a nutshell
You are at least an intermediate-level PHP developer and have a basic understanding of object-oriented PHP.
You have a valid AWS account, and you've already signed up for the services you want to use.
The PHP interpreter, version 5.2 or newer. PHP 5.2.17 or 5.3.x is highly recommended for use with the AWS SDK for PHP.
The cURL PHP extension (compiled with the OpenSSL libraries for HTTPS support).
The ability to read from and write to the file system via file_get_contents() and file_put_contents().
If you're not sure whether your PHP environment meets these requirements, run the SDK Compatibility Test script included in the SDK download.

Installation
Remember to copy the config/storage.php file to your config directory and fill out your aws information.

Information
For more information about the AWS SDK for PHP, including a complete list of supported services, see <a href="http://aws.amazon.com/sdkforphp">aws.amazon.com/sdkforphp</a>.

URL : <a href="http://s.zah.me/woWeZJ">Github Repo</a>

[eluser]PhilTem[/eluser]
Had a short glance at your code. Looks clean and neat.

Yet I still got one question:
Wouldn't it be easier to convert your library to a driver, so that you have all these get_* methods removed and makes it even easier to extend just by adding the available drivers (like cloudfront, ec2, s3, cloudwatch, ...) to the library.

Even though I'm not quite sure how much extra work it may be to convert it to a driver Wink

But I may of course help, if you need help Wink

maybe your right, but then you will have to edit the driver each time they update the sdk mean while here i can just replace the sdk directory with the new code from amazon ..

am not sure if this is a worthy point to keep it as library ..
but i will try to check how to convert it to driver ( in the next few days since am a bit busy ).

thanks

PS : i didnt work with dirvers before so am not so sure if my point of view is right or wrong Sad

[eluser]PhilTem[/eluser]
I never really worked with drivers, either. Only looked at the source code of the Cache-Driver.

As far as I understood it correctly, if the AWS-SDK will change it's behavior, it won't matter to the driver itself. Since the driver always returns singleton of e.g. an object of the S3 class, it will also pass any function calls through to this class. Hence, I think, the driver should only be updated once a new AWS-functionality is introduced.

To better understand drivers you might wanna have a look at the Cache-Driver, too. The JavaScript driver shipped CI isn't really a driver, it's more or less a library. Or have a look at the Wolfauth package, it's using drivers for simpleauth and facebook-auth. Maybe this will help you to better understand the driver idea. At least for me it was useful Wink

Otherwise, hit me up if you have any questions or need help (since I don't wanna pluto your code but wanna encourage you to enhance and push it to a higher level Wink )

thanks ..
i will do , your help is really appreciated ..

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB