Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Email class problem

[eluser]Ahmed Nuaman[/eluser]
Hello!

I've been using codeignitor for a while now. It's very nice and has really cut down the deployment time of sites and apps. However, the email class doesn't seem to work with our server. It's not the server that's the issue because I've used phpmailer and ASPmail and they've all worked fine.

The issue is that it just times out and no response from PHP occurs.

Our server is Win 2003, IIS 6 with PHP running via CGI. The SMTP server is SmarterMail.

Like I said, other codes such as phpmailer work fine.

[eluser]Derek Allard[/eluser]
The email class has a debugging mode... have you tried turning it on and seeing if you get any errors?

[quote author="Derek Allard" date="1199904392"]The email class has a debugging mode... have you tried turning it on and seeing if you get any errors?[/quote]

Yep I did, but the page doesn't return anything, it just times out. I started changing the Email class file to include the logging function. I found that it fails after it has sent the HELO message. It seems it can't read a response! Again, I'm sure it's not my SMTP server because I've just done some tests with other scripts (PHPmailer, ASPmail) and even via telnet, it all works and response correctly.

I can put logging back in if you like?

Just to let you know, I fixed the error: newline should be \r\n

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB