Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Codeigniter install on subdirectory (htaccess question)

[eluser]Ayeyermaw[/eluser]
I'm not really up to speed on the use of htaccess although I do inderstand it at a base level.
Here's my problem:

I have a top level domain which has a codigniter application. I've removed index.php using htaccess as many people do.

So far so good.

I now want to put separate codeigniter application in a sub folder on that domain. I'm putting a complete codeigniter install in that subdirectory for simplicity and will worry about sharing core files between applications at a later date.
The config file is configured in this second application to use index.php and i have omitted the htaccess file for now. I'll play at removing the index.php later, once this hurdle is out the way.

What I find is that the links on my sub application are showing without the index.php and therefore not working (although the default_controller does load as it should) I assume this is to do with the top level htaccess settings.

I'm probably missing something really simple but have run a search on the forums after attempting to resolve it on my own and come up with nothing.
Any idea how to work around this?

Messages In This Thread
Codeigniter install on subdirectory (htaccess question) - by El Forum - 06-05-2012, 09:11 AM
Codeigniter install on subdirectory (htaccess question) - by El Forum - 06-05-2012, 09:13 AM
Codeigniter install on subdirectory (htaccess question) - by El Forum - 06-05-2012, 09:51 AM
Codeigniter install on subdirectory (htaccess question) - by El Forum - 06-05-2012, 10:03 AM
Codeigniter install on subdirectory (htaccess question) - by El Forum - 06-05-2012, 10:14 AM
Codeigniter install on subdirectory (htaccess question) - by El Forum - 06-05-2012, 01:21 PM
Codeigniter install on subdirectory (htaccess question) - by El Forum - 06-05-2012, 01:28 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB