Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Database Response Confirmation

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
I am using an open source POS application written in Codeigniter 1.7.3 with MySQL backend, and am having an issue with a report that populates a temporary table to return data to the report. Lets say there are 8 rows in the live database tables. I run the report and it may come back with 5 rows, and when I refresh it may come back with 3 rows, and the next time all 8 rows.

Could it be that the temp table is not full populated prior to execution of the select against the temporary table?

I found in the model code where the temporary table is being created, and the controller code that executes the function. If my assumption is true, how can I setup validation in the controller code, so no execution continues until I get a response from the database that the table has been created and fully populated?

I am just looking for someone to point me in the right direction. Maybe a best practices article or something like that, which would deal with this sort of issue.

Thanks in advance for your help.

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
I found my problem. Persistent Connections were set to true in the codeigniter database configuration.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB