Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CodeIgniter 1.6.0 "beta"

[eluser]Tom Vogt[/eluser]
Excellent news, and I have two projects that have just about started which will go to 1.6 as soon as its final.

Speaking of which, even if there's no release date, can you give us a rough estimate? Just say whether it'll be a couple of days, a couple of weeks or a couple of months, please?

[eluser]Derek Allard[/eluser]
Tom, go with 1.6 from the svn. Less then a couple of weeks. I'd say "couple of days", but then everyone gets so mad at me if its longer then 3 days Wink I was hopeful to release it early this week, but we've been getting killer-community feedback, and we're trying to work everything into it for the release.

Heya Derek, is any of the CI javascript library in SVN yet?

Cheers Mate


[eluser]Derek Allard[/eluser]
Not yet Andrew. Want to make sure its ready first, but we won't be "holding out" until EE2 or anything, as soon as its ready we'll announce it and get it into your hands. Promise.

*a little boy waits :p

When the Javascript library stuff is added to CI, will it be part of 1.6.x, 1.7.0, or will it become something like CI 2.0? Or hasn't any decision been made about that yet?

Heh, I think you'll find it happens when it happens and they're not gonna commit to anything yet Wink

I'd take a stab that its introduced before CI2.0 Smile

[eluser]Derek Allard[/eluser]
Oh boy, we're predictable Wink

Correct, no decision has really been made, but I can tell you that we won't hold back features or enhancements just for the sake of doing a "point" release. We'll get them in there when they're ready - you guys and gals are the lifeblood of what we're doing here. When we feel the quality and polish is up to the rest of the codebase, we'll get them out there.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB