Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CodeIgniter with HMVC modular extension. How to

[eluser]rei[/eluser]
Hi, can someone please give me a good scenario when will I need to pass parameters using:

<?php echo Modules::run('module/controller/method', $param, $...); ?>

And can someone give me a best approach in using HMVC in CodeIgniter. I like my modules to be stand alone like a plugin. so my modules have its own controller,model,view and libraries,config etc.. So when I want to reuse the module in other projects I can just copy the and paste the module in other projects. But something is not clear for me, for example I made a search module that displays a search form and processes the searching of posts. I call it in the view of the site using echo modules::run(‘search/search/search_form’); and when I submit the form I wanted to output the result in the current page so I store the search_results in a session variable to let the current page access the search results, but I think its not a good idea because sessions has a 4kb limit if I’m not mistaken. How can I output the search results in the current page by not using session variable? Like I want to use the $this->load->view() function and pass the data.

Please I really need help on this. thanks Smile

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB