Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Configniter

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hello,

I created a short tool to auto-configure empty CodeIgniter projects. I did it because the original empty version of CodeIgniter need some corrections each time you start something ...

- Most of the time, you must delete "/index.php/" routing
- Tape an encryption-key
- Switch between config.php and database.php at the very beginning to put things you put every single time.
- Delete examples pages

Yes, it takes just a few minutes, but come back to CodeIgniter official download page when you've lost your empty copy, download it, modify everything (and forget half of this) - it's a little bit boring !

I'm working on CodeIgniter for a few weeks and i had this idea to create this short tool, and i decided afterwards to share it with this community. It misses certainly many configuration options and things i still don't know, but i wanted to share it anyway and get a feedback. Smile

Link: http://configniter.boringday.fr

What do you think about it ? Is it a good idea ?

[eluser]Rok Biderman[/eluser]
It's actually seems nuce. I'm not likely to use it, as I start with a very customized version (base controller, model, modular extensions, auth), but it removes some of the annoyance.The main drawback of this build method as I see it is that I have no overview what I'm actually downloading and have to trust you are playing nice.

Some features that might come in handy:
- when you config a language, you might also choose not to download all the other languages (except english) as it adds some 20% to the size
- default value for base_url stays empty and uri_protocol stays auto - or atleast a checkbox to keep it like that
- you can set up the default route and the controller name. If not maybe better name it Site or Page instead of Home
- a section for setting session variables
- a section for autoload - atleast stuff like session, database and url helper

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Very nice, I will modify things with your very constructive tips Smile

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB