Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Opinions on using CI to teach a PHP 'newb'

[eluser]Lone[/eluser]
Just wanted to gather some opinions from the people in here about training/teaching people PHP using CI as their starting point.

I have a good friend that is interested in learning some coding (particularly PHP) and I was thinking maybe it is best to just teach him using CI as the starting point - of course some basic PHP stuff but essentially get him doing examples using CI.

What is everyone's opinion on doing this? Personally I think it is a good idea as it gets a new programmer learning (the ever so great) MVC structure from day which whenever down the track for whatever reason they need to do their own work they will still build with in mind. Also, I think starting out with CI forms a great starting base where they won't need to do all of those repetitive annoying tasks you usually have to do when starting from scratch.

I guess the main downside is that they would have problems interpreting other sites built in different ways - but I think this is a given for any of us when looking at some other 'foreign' code and working out just how it is structured.

Messages In This Thread
Opinions on using CI to teach a PHP 'newb' - by El Forum - 01-20-2008, 09:30 PM
Opinions on using CI to teach a PHP 'newb' - by El Forum - 01-20-2008, 10:22 PM
Opinions on using CI to teach a PHP 'newb' - by El Forum - 01-21-2008, 05:26 AM
Opinions on using CI to teach a PHP 'newb' - by El Forum - 01-21-2008, 11:26 AM
Opinions on using CI to teach a PHP 'newb' - by El Forum - 01-21-2008, 04:39 PM
Opinions on using CI to teach a PHP 'newb' - by El Forum - 01-30-2008, 04:54 PM
Opinions on using CI to teach a PHP 'newb' - by El Forum - 01-30-2008, 08:30 PM
Opinions on using CI to teach a PHP 'newb' - by El Forum - 01-30-2008, 10:29 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB