Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Linking two views and passing data in the codeigniter news tutorial

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hi all. I just started learning CodeIgniter and I am currently going through the news tutorial guide that is bundled with the set up. There is one thing not clear to me :

How did the author(s) of the code in the tutorial manage to create the link from all news items to a view showing a particular news item? Might just be me but I am not getting a proper explanation from the docs on how the HREF tag managed to link one view (news/index) to another (news/view).

An answer to the above will be of great help. I not only want to create an update view whereby in a particular news item being displayed, there is a link which links to the update view which passes the data on the update form for modification, I believe it will help me understand a little bit on how CodeIgniter expects someone to implement navigation

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Ok. I have figured out how to generally link between pages(views). The only things remainning is how to pass data from one view to another. I want to pass news item data into a form so that I can update it

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB