Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Trying to log in with Tank Auth

[eluser]xecure[/eluser]
Hi guys, we had a site developed offshore and they decided to use Tank auth as the user authentication system. Originally the login script worked via ajax: the user would enter their credentials and then a json string would be returned indicating weather or not the the credentials were correct or not. Our offshore development team created 2 sample users and were able to log them in without a problem.

I have decided we do not want to use ajax with our log in and have applied a more traditional method of accomplishing this. When a user first goes to http://localhost/site/login they see the username and password box (with a "remember me" check box). When they hit submit they get sent to http://localhost/site/confirm_login. This is where I am experiencing an issue. I am able to login with the 2 sample users my offshore team has registered but I cannot log in with new users I have registered afterwards. This is what my confirm_login() function looks like:
Code:
function confirm_login() {

if (count($_POST)) {

$this -> load -> library('form_validation');
   $this -> form_validation -> set_rules($this -> validate_login);

if ($this -> form_validation -> run()) {

$email = $this -> input -> post('email_login');
    $pass = $this -> input -> post('password_login');
    $rememberme = $this -> input -> post('rem_login');

if ($this -> tank_auth -> login($email, $pass, $rememberme, FALSE, TRUE)) {// success

$do_loggedin_stuff;

} else {
     redirect('/site/login/err');
    }
   }
  }
}
this is what theirs looked like:
Code:
function confirm_login(){
        if(count($_POST)){
            $this->load->library('form_validation');            

$this->form_validation->set_rules($this->validate_login);            
            if($this->form_validation->run()){

$email = $this->input->post('email_login');
                $pass = $this->input->post('password_login');
                $rememberme = $this->input->post('rem_login');                              

if ($this->tank_auth->login($email, $pass, $rememberme, FALSE, TRUE)) { // success

$do_loggedin_stuff;

exit();

} else {
                    $errors = $this->tank_auth->get_error_message();
                    $er = '{"error":"';
                    foreach ($errors as $v) {
                        $er .= $this->lang->line($v) . '<br />';
                    }
                    echo $er.'"}';
                }                
            }        
        }        
    }
Neither of these functions work on the new users (they do work on the first two usample users my offshore team delivered the product with.

[eluser]jmadsen[/eluser]
have you checked the new users are authenticated? depending on the set up, there may be an email authentication they did with their users that you didn't do with your new ones.

check the db

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB