Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
EzAuth 0.6 - The Easiest User Management System for CI

[eluser]nohbahdii[/eluser]
[quote author="ikizmaz" date="1217388752"][quote author="ikizmaz" date="1215310084"][quote author="darki777" date="1214758783"]Hi,
yeah, the demo accounts (admin) don't work (the downloaded version), because i think there is no entry in the DB for it.
Another Problem, in the "README FIRST.txt" are old sql statements, that doesn't work, please update this txt.

How can i create Admin Accounts, resp. with which method? Thank you for this great extension.

Greetings, darki[/quote]

any reply for this?[/quote]

is this extension discontinued?[/quote]

Who knows?
However, I got the damn thing to work. The issue is sloppy documentation and inattention to detail.

the following applies if you've created your ez_auth version 0.6 tables from scratch:

there are two fields missing from the 0.6 SQL statements, you need to add a first_name and a last_name field, varchar 255..blah blah blah

i'd be using auth redux if they had a sample app or better yet ZF if i wasn't stuck on a php4.x box with a 2week turnaround. or maybe even cake if i didn't hate their guts, :: shakes fist ::

and then she's purring like a ford festiva...yay

[eluser]nohbahdii[/eluser]
--oh btw, the activation links are hardcoded to point to the bizwidget site, might want to fix that.

and lastly you'll have to jump into the db and change one of teh users to have 'admin' accesskeys to test this out of the box.

[eluser]mdriscol[/eluser]
Hey, while upgrading to 1.7.0 of codeigniter my EzAuth was broken =[

Code:
A Database Error Occurred

Error Number: 1054

Unknown column 'ez_users.*' in 'field list'

SELECT `ez_users`.`id` as id, `ez_users`.`*`, `ez_auth`.`activation_code` FROM (`ez_auth`) LEFT JOIN `ez_users` ON `ez_auth`.`user_id` = `ez_users`.`id` WHERE `cookie_hash` = 'fe7946a3f297b34cc27eed481c8f8808'

Does anyone know what's wrong?

[eluser]finord[/eluser]
[quote author="mdriscol" date="1225409472"]Hey, while upgrading to 1.7.0 of codeigniter my EzAuth was broken =[

Code:
A Database Error Occurred

Error Number: 1054

Unknown column 'ez_users.*' in 'field list'

SELECT `ez_users`.`id` as id, `ez_users`.`*`, `ez_auth`.`activation_code` FROM (`ez_auth`) LEFT JOIN `ez_users` ON `ez_auth`.`user_id` = `ez_users`.`id` WHERE `cookie_hash` = 'fe7946a3f297b34cc27eed481c8f8808'

Does anyone know what's wrong?[/quote]

I have some problem, if anyone know how can fix it.

Thanks

[eluser]Rick Jolly[/eluser]
The original 1.7 had some bugs with backticks. That may have been fixed. Try the latest version from subversion.

I've tried it again and the same thing. This occurs when I try to log into Ez_auth admin section. My website still works but EZ_Auth isn't working apparently.

[quote author="Rick Jolly" date="1225574330"]The original 1.7 had some bugs with backticks. That may have been fixed. Try the latest version from subversion.[/quote]

what's the url of the repository?

[eluser]JulianM[/eluser]
Hi mdriscol, I think you have the answer in this page: http://codeigniter.com/downloads/

In order to make your life easier, checkout from here: http://dev.ellislab.com/svn/CodeIgniter/trunk/

[quote author="mdriscol" date="1229056329"][quote author="Rick Jolly" date="1225574330"]The original 1.7 had some bugs with backticks. That may have been fixed. Try the latest version from subversion.[/quote]

what's the url of the repository?[/quote]

However, I'm getting an error after update my code with the trunk version.

ezauth is not working, in my specific case I found a problem on this section of code (ezauth_model.php)

Code:
function update_session($ez_array) {
        $ez['ez_user'] = $ez_array;
//        $this->session->set_userdata($ez);
        $this->user = $ez_array;

}

Here is the error I got:

Code:
A PHP Error was encountered

Severity: 4096

Message: Object of class stdClass could not be converted to string

Filename: libraries/Session.php

Line Number: 683

Yes, I tried the trunk. For some reason, I was thinking there was a subversion trunk for Ez_Auth. I guess EZ_Auth is incompatible with this version. I haven't upgraded to 1.7 due to this issue so hopefully we can get it fixed.

[eluser]JulianM[/eluser]
Yes, I understand your point because I had the same problem recently.

What I did to fix this is extend the Session class and implement the _serialize and _unserialize methods as described in this post.

It worked as a charm for me, however I'd like to know if this is a CodeIgniter or EzAuth issue and if it will be resolved soon.

Good luck

[quote author="mdriscol" date="1230601729"]Yes, I tried the trunk. For some reason, I was thinking there was a subversion trunk for Ez_Auth. I guess EZ_Auth is incompatible with this version. I haven't upgraded to 1.7 due to this issue so hopefully we can get it fixed.[/quote]

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB