Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Pagination and Best way for Optimization of data load

[eluser][email protected][/eluser]
[quote author="boltsabre" date="1371049886"]
Quote:seem Ajax JQuery PHP is the only viable solution
I don't really know what you mean there, you're talking about a server side language (php), a client side javascript library (jQuery) and a Ajax... do you mean to get the entire DB table and let jQuery do all the sorting on the users machine? If so be VERY careful with this, you'll crash their computer if you try to load to much data into browser memory!!![/quote]
[removed]promptTag("email");
Hum, I was not so clear about Ajax which is actually everything that I am familiar with lol . So I guess Ajax will not be an issue, its just I never did it before, was afraid of the learning curves~

Btw, when you say sorting will crash clients computer, I was not really meant to sort on clients computer but what I try to do is:

1. load data requested partially from a table with php and generate a queried table like data with PHP and MYSQL on server side
2. somehow, JQuery retrieve that data and display with its own method of pagination without refresh the page
3. process repeat...

Yes, that about it.... Smile

Messages In This Thread
Pagination and Best way for Optimization of data load - by El Forum - 06-12-2013, 05:50 AM
Pagination and Best way for Optimization of data load - by El Forum - 06-12-2013, 06:38 AM
Pagination and Best way for Optimization of data load - by El Forum - 06-12-2013, 07:29 AM
Pagination and Best way for Optimization of data load - by El Forum - 06-12-2013, 08:11 AM
Pagination and Best way for Optimization of data load - by El Forum - 06-12-2013, 08:27 AM
Pagination and Best way for Optimization of data load - by El Forum - 06-12-2013, 10:57 AM
Pagination and Best way for Optimization of data load - by El Forum - 06-12-2013, 10:59 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB