Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
EoL for Datamapper

[eluser]WanWizard[/eluser]
Those of you who are avid Datamapper users, or those that have followed my activities over the last few years, already know that for some time my hart wasn't with CodeIgniter anymore.

The recent changes to the website, which focuses on Expression Engine and down plays the other products, and today's release of 2.1.4, with only 5 minor bug fixes, which took exactly 9 months to release, has only strengthened me in my beliefs that for Ellislab CodeIgniter is no longer a core product.

I therefore announce today that I am closing the book on CI in general, and Datamapper in particular.

If someone wants to step up and take over, please contact me via PM and we'll arrange the transfer of the bitbucket repository.

Until then I will accept pull requests that look decent and are claimed to be tested, without doing any testing myself. I will not release new versions, and I will also not put any effort in the documentation anymore.

I have enjoyed the time working on it, and seeing the appreciation of those using it. Thank you all.

Harro

p.s. In the next few months i'll be working on the next version of FuelPHP's ORM, which will be framework agnostic, and can therefore be used with CI, as long as you're on PHP 5.4+. The current version is already awesome, so perhaps we meet again.

[eluser]WanWizard[/eluser]
Looks like I felt something was up: http://ellislab.com/forums/viewthread/236584/ Wink

[eluser]CroNiX[/eluser]
Thank you for your years of contributions and support, even long after you personally quit using CI. You're a stand up guy, Harro.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB