Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
I can't watch/download the official screencasts...

[eluser]Skyblaze[/eluser]
Hi i'm new to CI and after reading the docs i would like to see the 2 official screencasts on this site. The problem is that if i try to watch them live in the browser with the quicktime plugin the streaming is so slow that i can't watch it and if i try instead to download them with the direct link the download stops after some time.

[eluser]Edemilson Lima[/eluser]
You can try pause it when it starts and wait until it loads completely. Then you play it again.

i've tried pausing it but the progress indicator doesn't go on so the video is not downloaded. Why i can't download it directly?

[eluser]Edemilson Lima[/eluser]
You can download almost any video from the Internet with DownloadHelper. It is an add-on for FireFox and works nicely. After install it, just go to the page where the video is and click the down arrow near its button in the toolbar. It will show a list of files you can save.

But if your connection is too poor and is experiencing packet losses, you may cannot download it anyway. Try to watch or download the video from another place with a faster connection.

[eluser]fdog[/eluser]
[quote author="Edemilson Lima" date="1202680148"]You can download almost any video from the Internet with DownloadHelper.[/quote]

...And you can download any video from CodeIgniter just by checking the source code of the site!
For example, the blog tutorial has in its src tag: "/videos/blog.mov". Knowing this you can add "http://codeigniter.com/videos/blog.mov" to your favorite download manager and there you go.

I don't know if we are allowed to do this since there is no download link for the tutorials. Maybe they're trying to save bandwith Tongue

[eluser]Pascal Kriete[/eluser]
Derek links to them in this thread, so I think you'll be alright Tongue.

i tried to download them with the direct links but the download stops after a few time

[eluser]Derek Jones[/eluser]
I've had that problem before, Skyblaze, on my satellite connection. Using a browser add-on that allows dynamic resuming helps in these instances, but at least in my case it's been intermittent. I can have the problem one day, but not the next.

[eluser]anouar[/eluser]
hello every body,
I have had the same problem two days before , that s why i have had to download a nice application known as Flashget , and i have added(mentioned) the url address of the video(of course) to it(Flashget), and finnaly i got what i search .
I m sure that this methode give you the ability to download the video , that why i advice you to apply it .

Good luck.

[eluser]fdog[/eluser]
Any download manager should do the trick.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB