Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
New Forum

This is the new forum for CodeIgniter Smile

There isn't much to see at the moment, but that will change as the community migrates over from the EllisLab forums.

There are bound to be some hiccups as the forum gets tuned ... please let me know of forum issues!
James Parry
Project Lead

(10-21-2014, 09:47 AM)jlp Wrote: This is the new forum for CodeIgniter Smile

There isn't much to see at the moment, but that will change as the community migrates over from the EllisLab forums.

There are bound to be some hiccups as the forum gets tuned ... please let me know of forum issues!

The old EllisLab forums have insane amounts of answers and code that is very useful. Are they ever going to be transferred here or are we going to lose it all when Ellislab closes them down?
Smile 

It's refreshing to see the Project Lead starting as a Junior Member of the forum. Big Grin
I'm certainly looking forward to getting CI back on track.[/u]
CI 3.1 Kubuntu 19.04 Apache 5.x  Mysql 5.x PHP 5.x PHP 7.x
Remember: Obfuscation is a bad thing.
Clarity is desirable over Brevity every time.

Agreed - loads of good content on the EllisLabs forum.
Not practical to port ot over, but I understand that the material will remain accessible, but closed to new posts, sometime soon.

(10-21-2014, 12:17 PM)ciadmin Wrote: Agreed - loads of good content on the EllisLabs forum.
Not practical to port ot over, but I understand that the material will remain accessible, but closed to new posts, sometime soon.

Ok thank you

(10-21-2014, 12:17 PM)ciadmin Wrote: Agreed - loads of good content on the EllisLabs forum.

Oh, sorry one more question. Are all posts and threads going to have to wait for moderation?

I thought I had the board configured so that users would be able to post freely after their first post was moderated. I am concerned about trolls, which we have seen lots of on EllisLabs!

If you (or other readers) have any suggestions for improving this, I am all ears!

(10-21-2014, 01:37 PM)ciadmin Wrote: I thought I had the board configured so that users would be able to post freely after their first post was moderated. I am concerned about trolls, which we have seen lots of on EllisLabs!

If you (or other readers) have any suggestions for improving this, I am all ears!

RE trolls: use a few good monitors to police the thread traffic. Trolls will occur, because they are trolls... If the monitors establish a firm policy, from the start, trolling will be less intrusive and allow the useful content to dominate. Yes, it is a thankless job, but very welcome if done right.

It goes without needing comment [comment] that responding to trolls is like feeding the squirrels, it only encourages them [/comment]...
CI 3.1 Kubuntu 19.04 Apache 5.x  Mysql 5.x PHP 5.x PHP 7.x
Remember: Obfuscation is a bad thing.
Clarity is desirable over Brevity every time.

Thank you guys for giving us hope!

Can't wait to see the new CI evolve......

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB