Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Codeigniter Calendar Class misunderstandment! It is rlly important for me to be done untill Sunday!

[eluser]GeorgeWeb[/eluser]
Hello dear friends,

I am glad that this forum exists. It is amazing and I can find whatever I need except the thing I am asking for right now.

Here it is:
I am not sure how to pass the year and the month by this link to my funcion called "date" in the "NotebookController" where I will do something only if I get the full date not only the {day}.

// The code
{cal_cell_no_content}
<b href="'.base_url().'NotebookController/date/'.$year.'/'.$month.'/{day}">{day}</a>
{/cal_cell_no_content}
// I wrote <b> only here in this msg, because <a> shows as a link...
// This code is from my model. If you need anything else like more code or even files I am ready to send you

I really got to nowhere with this and I tried and I tried a couple of hours... I have searched but there is no answer wherever I look at and everyone says: Try http://ellislab.com/forums, because only they may help you with this.
I hope there is a way to do this. I really need and appreciate the help Smile

Yours faithfully,
George Mirazchiiski!
Smile

[eluser]Alucemet[/eluser]
In reality your calendar template is just a view. It should be in a view, and if you want the current month and year, simply pass the month and year to the view from the controller or model you are generating the calendar with.

Code:
$view_data['year'] = $year;
$view_data['month'] = $month;

$this->load->view('calendar_template', $view_data, TRUE );

If you need to tweak the actual {content} of the cell, you're going to have to extend the generate method of the calendar class.

Man, you are great!
This helps but it works only when I get another month and them click on day as link, because in the beggining when I load the calendar my $year and $month are set to NULL, it is because they will show error if there's no value for them.
So I wanted to say that if I go to another month it will add it as a param in the url - Example: 2014/02/ and then if I click on a day it will be how I want to be - myfunction/2014/02/{day} but when I firstly load MyController/calendar/ with no params in the url and it shows me the current month but when I click on a day it will be myfunction///{day} and only the day will have value.
I am not sure if I explained it very well... Any ideas how to fix this?

[eluser]Alucemet[/eluser]
You can use if statements or ternary operators to switch the month and year between uri segments or defaults. For defaults you can just use date('Y') and date('m').

Dear Alucemet,

I have to say that you are great guy! Wow, I haven't thought of this solution... it is pretty simple. Thank you very much! Now, I can mark it as done.
I wish you all the best! Thank you again! Smile

Yours truly,
George Mirazchiiski!
Smile

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
GeorgeWeb,

You may find this author’s work interesting…

http://zawaruddin.blogspot.com/2012/12/e...niter.html

http://zawaruddin.blogspot.com/2013/06/m...niter.html

Good job sadfrog! I really like your this event cal Smile My idea is a bit different not exactly connected to events but this can really help in the future. Thanks !Smile

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB