Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Use Parts From Symfony, Laravel etc

I agree with the use of Namespaces, Traits, Interfaces, etc and PLEASE a proper CLI interaction point, and lets set some plains for a queue system. But more importantly lets look at ways of utilizing some of the amazing stuff the PHP community has developed and use them. Laravel made a smart move using some stuff developed by others to build a solid foundation. If we want to take CodeIgniter to the forefront of the PHP framework collective, we need to step away from making everything on our own and use what the community has available.

The key in my mind to CodeIgniter's future is making it the most adaptable framework. Make it easy to expand on any component the way whether that's drivers or otherwise, but lets use the powerful components like Doctrine, Eloquent, Blade templating, Debug bars, (symfony) Console, and others.

Laravel has always focused itself on an API or REST structure, its even sent its HTML and FORM elements to a community build, rather than having them at the core anymore. This is an opportunity to have CodeIgniter be the full-stack PHP framework of choice for the future. This means modular components to make any project expandable, and modules repeatable, using the latest elements of PHP which also means PHPUnit testable structures. I'm so hopeful that CodeIgniter can be a leading edge framework again. Smile

Messages In This Thread
Use Parts From Symfony, Laravel etc - by mlantz - 04-14-2015, 07:17 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB