Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Use Parts From Symfony, Laravel etc

(This post was last modified: 04-15-2015, 09:14 PM by no1youknowz.)

(04-15-2015, 07:20 AM)dmyers Wrote: Honestly if CodeIgniter is just following Laravel lock step. I'll just put a Laravel wrapper around my CodeIgniter libraries (like everyone else that left CI) and jump ship to lumen.

DMyers

Almost already ahead of you. I benched Lumen vs Slim 2.0 and I saw a very nice boost. I'm going to be looking to see if I can pull addition stuff from Lumen and get the RPS up. As right now, I'm getting 1800rps from HHVM vs 2600rps from HHVM when its just doing a blank "hello world". So there is 800 rps being used by a stock lumen install.

I have a lot of my own custom libraries. Which actually with Laravel are out of date. By moving over to Lumen, I'm going to be moving to best practices and having better development times. It's crazy, I will even look at replacing a huge and complex app built in CI with Lumen. I'll finally be getting an up-to-date system and lots of functionality im just basically missing.

I personally think Taylor dropped a bomb with Lumen. Such a great strategy. Build on Lumen and if your project grows add to it with packages until you need to upgrade to Laravel. Very smart. Cool

Messages In This Thread
Use Parts From Symfony, Laravel etc - by mlantz - 04-14-2015, 07:17 AM
RE: Use Parts From Symfony, Laravel etc - by no1youknowz - 04-15-2015, 09:12 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB