Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
transferring the data to wordpress!

Hello! Does anyone could give a suggestion transferring JavaScript and PhP files to WordPress, from custom site that was has been designed in CodeIgniter? Thanks!

I feel this may be a question better aimed at a Wordpress forum.

Talking in generic terms however, converting from one framework to another, is not straight forward task - nor something that can really be covered in such vague terms.

(This post was last modified: 05-16-2015, 12:30 PM by Ivo Miranda.)

Lol very simple:
1) Export database from old website to the new website
2) Export images from old website to the new website
3) Pay attention to important files such as .htaccess and others so you can apply same rules in wordpress

Not meant to be rude but since you don't seem to understand much about it I would recommend you to hire someone to do it to avoid lose important data or functionality.

Edit:
OHhhh I've just noticed the JS and PHP files. JS and CSS you can transfer with no problem from one site to another but PHP??... CI and WP have different cores so you cannot expect a simple "copy paste". You have to go copy the functionality of old website and write it in WP obviously.

Bahri, your concern shouldn't be the Javascript and PHP files but the content of the site. You first want to set up your Wordpress site so it looks just like the CI site. Then analyze the pages of the CI site and create a similar structure in Wordpress.

Now look at the content in your CI site. If most of the content is in view files, you're going to have to cut and paste from the view files into the body of Wordpress posts. If the content is in the database CI uses, you'll need to get that data into the tables that Wordpress uses.
Hey, don't work without a PHP debugger. Several free IDEs have this features built in. Two are NetBeans and CodeLobster. Without a debugger, it's like you're driving with a blindfold on -- you are going to crash!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB