Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Set Multiple Error 404's

(This post was last modified: 07-06-2015, 07:27 AM by wolfgang1983.)

I use codeigniter version 3 and HMVC.

When using my HMVC I have to modules one called admin and one called catalog.

I would like to know if it is possible to create two $route['404_override'] = ''; one for admin and one for catalog.

Because I would like different styles.

Any Suggestions.

Thanks in advance.
There's only one rule - please don't tell anyone to go and read the manual.  Sometimes the manual just SUCKS!

You should be able to check the requested URI in the controller specified in 404_override, then handle it accordingly. Assuming you're using Wiredesignz HMVC, if you wanted each module to specify the 404_override handler independently, you could name the 404_override controllers the same in each module and in the base application, then call the correct module's controller from the application's controller.

If you want to avoid calling controllers from a controller, you can extend the MX_Router to handle this appropriately, or specify the 404_override handlers in the modules as libraries.

(This post was last modified: 07-07-2015, 12:56 AM by wolfgang1983.)

(07-06-2015, 08:09 AM)mwhitney Wrote: You should be able to check the requested URI in the controller specified in 404_override, then handle it accordingly. Assuming you're using Wiredesignz HMVC, if you wanted each module to specify the 404_override handler independently, you could name the 404_override controllers the same in each module and in the base application, then call the correct module's controller from the application's controller.

If you want to avoid calling controllers from a controller, you can extend the MX_Router to handle this appropriately, or specify the 404_override handlers in the modules as libraries.

I created a My_404.php controller in the main controllers page rather than my HMVC modules and seems to detect it now.

$route['404_override'] = 'my_404';

This way now I can make it work but will look more into it. At least now I can use uri segments to change theme of 404 etc.

I will look more in to the MX_Router.php

Thank for your advice. @mwhitney
There's only one rule - please don't tell anyone to go and read the manual.  Sometimes the manual just SUCKS!

You need to distinguish on reading configuration what part of the site is requested, admin or the other one. The URL brings this information. See this example from PyroCMS: https://github.com/pyrocms/pyrocms/blob/...g.php#L305

(This post was last modified: 07-07-2015, 10:42 AM by ivantcholakov.)

$route['404_override'] = preg_match('@\/admin(\/.*|\?.*)?$@', isset($_SERVER['REQUEST_URI']) ? $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'] : '') ? 'admin_error_404' : 'front_error_404';

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB