Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
session data depending on 'www.' in URL

Hi

Retrieving session data doesn't work properly anymore with me since Firefox, Vs. 39.0 (not in Chrome or Safari). The problem: I set session data over the URL 'www.mydomain.ch/login'. If I want to retrieve those session data over the address 'mydomain.ch/mycontroller' (without www.) I got redirected to the login page (meaning: no session data found).

This is annoying since some people use the website with 'www.' others without.

By the way: I have rewriting url already established in .htaccess (however without effect)

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^www\.
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://www.%{HTTP_HOST}/$1 [R=301,L]

Had anyone similar problems? How can I get around this? Should I make a sort of front-controller that redirects all 'domain.ch/controller' to 'www.domain.ch/controller'?

Thanks Martin

The problem isn't with sessions but with cookies. The session id is stored inside a cookie. Cookie are by default linked to a single domain so they dont share data between domain.com and www.domain.com

Inside config.php you should set it like so (notice the dot before the domainname)
'cookie_domain' = Set to .your-domain.com for site-wide cookies

(07-28-2015, 02:56 PM)Diederik Wrote: The problem isn't with sessions but with cookies. The session id is stored inside a cookie. Cookie are by default linked to a single domain so they dont share data between domain.com and www.domain.com

Inside config.php you should set it like so (notice the dot before the domainname)
'cookie_domain'   = Set to .your-domain.com for site-wide cookies

This solved the problem. Great. Thank you.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB