Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
RA_Session - Version 2.3 Updated

[eluser]systemsos[/eluser]
http://codeigniter.com/wiki/RA_session/
Finally got to updating it again.

* Native PHP Session library
* including two main features
* Persistant Login (Able to set the session length on a per session basis)
* Remember Me (Set 1 variable to remember, normally a username)

* Update-Log
* Version 2.1
* Session expiry is renewed each time a new page is loaded (Reduces the need for a regnerate session function to be run)
* Cookie for persistant session now reflects your base session name with _persist
* Code was cleaned up (there were a few 1=1 statements)
* Productive comments Added
* Less coffee was drank - although was not completed remove. I make no warrenty against coffee stains found in this code

Everything I'm doing with RA_Session is to be compatible with my RA_Auth library, more to come on that later.

Biggest BONUS with this version is that the session cookie now automatically updates it's expiry time on each page load.

Enjoy

[eluser]Lone[/eluser]
Looking sweet as - one thing you need so I can convert is flashdata!

[eluser]Majd Taby[/eluser]
this would be great with flashdata...

/sigh

Okay okay okay. lol - I'll do a nasty little hack and get it together for you. You both will have to test it though - I don't have any applications that have a use for it at this stage....

[eluser]Lone[/eluser]
You will once you start using it Tongue

Just don't forget to 'sweep' Wink

Go for gold guys - V2.2 has the same flash functions as the native session library that comes with CI.

It was a simple drag/drop code copy - the functions use set_userdata which encodes data into the session as required etc.

Let me know how you go guys Smile

[eluser]Majd Taby[/eluser]
make sure you give credit though

[quote author="jTaby" date="1203624330"]make sure you give credit though[/quote]
Duly noted and actioned (Reinforced that the FLASHDATA code is not my own, taken direct from CI)

[eluser]Joe_Archer[/eluser]
Love the library, particularly the persistent sessions, however if I set session data using $this->ra_session->set_userdata(array('user_id'=> 1)

calling any of the functions to clear this data doesn't seem to work

in my logout function i have:

$this->ra_session->unset_userdata;
$this->ra_session->persistant_session(FALSE);
$this->ra_session->sess_destroy;

but even after successfully calling this function, the userdata is still assigned and the cookie still exists...am I just being a numpty and missing something?

I've probably missed something.

Joe thank you for your time to look at this. I'll investigate now and see what's happening. Will be back shortly with a response.

Cheers,
Darren

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB