Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
FuelCMS vs IgnitedCMS

Hi,

Just recently I found FuelCMS from a link on this forum. Then I noticed IgnitedCMS in someones footer. Anyone used both? Could anyone offer any insights into which might be the one to go through the learning curve with.

I used to use Etomite CMS extensively in the past but it had its problems although I loved it and the community, but it sadly died and is no longer available. I tried ModX (orignially a port of Etomite) but quite honestly euurrghhh!

These days I write limited backends for people specifically for what they need to do, yet I often find myself thinking 'why am I doing this when I could use a CMS'. I know why really, they are often bulky, clunky, inflexible, limited and create more work than they solve. Usually I use them for my own convenience and build seperate backends for the users to integrate with the hidden CMS (hope that makes sense).

However, I am tempted to go back to a CMS following a recent Wordpress site built and live in literally a few hours, that the non technical users are flying with, and I was so impressed by that I am rethinking my approach. Now personally I dislike wordpress but as a blogging platform it is pretty spectacular.

So to save me lots of time trying out the Fuel or Ignited, doing the learning curve and practice sites, discovering limitations etc on my own, can anyone offer any advice about the pros and cons of both or either. I must say that Fuel looks great and I am veering in that direction, but am worried it might turn out to be a bit like ModX, the last CMS I used for a site and truly regret. In fact only half of that site now is powered by modx and the other half by CI (after many problems trying to get the two to play nicely with each other - problems on the ModX side, not CI).

Any input would be gratefully received from people that have used either with a non-technical user base. I really like the idea of a CI based CMS, hoping it will give me all the control and flexibility of CI.

Thanks in advance,

Paul.

PS I never tried PyroCMS and now it's gone Lara, glad I didn't.

Messages In This Thread
FuelCMS vs IgnitedCMS - by PaulD - 08-21-2015, 01:42 PM
RE: FuelCMS vs IgnitedCMS - by Narf - 08-21-2015, 01:57 PM
RE: FuelCMS vs IgnitedCMS - by PaulD - 08-21-2015, 02:17 PM
RE: FuelCMS vs IgnitedCMS - by ignitedcms - 09-07-2015, 08:20 AM
RE: FuelCMS vs IgnitedCMS - by PaulD - 09-08-2015, 02:39 AM
RE: FuelCMS vs IgnitedCMS - by RobertSF - 09-08-2015, 11:35 AM
RE: FuelCMS vs IgnitedCMS - by PaulD - 09-14-2015, 10:53 AM
RE: FuelCMS vs IgnitedCMS - by zenepay - 09-14-2015, 11:29 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB