Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
NGINX + HHVM + CI

Hi guys,

Today I was thinking in start a new CI project with NGINX + HHVM. Someone has tried this?
HHVM Webpage said it works 100% with CodeIgniter (http://hhvm.com/frameworks/) my real expectative is release this for production.
I saw some ppl got problems with controllers and path_info or url structures under HHVM.

So, NGINX + HHVM + CI are good technologies for speed and perfomance?

Regards,

Generally, the biggest problem you'll run into with running CodeIgniter in an environment like that is that you'll have a harder time finding people who can help with configuration issues. Also, you may want to look a little deeper into the framework tests to make sure CI passes. The URL and commit hash they have listed for CI are pretty old, but that might not mean anything.

I have had no issues with Nginx and HHVM... they work well together on Ubuntu server with the standard repo installs.

I have also had no issues with CI in this environment. I don't rely on path_info, and usually specify my routes explicitly (although magic routing does work properly in my experience).

Response time from the server I have set up is fast enough that I really notice minor optimizations in my SQL code.

Dennis

(09-01-2015, 01:35 PM)jdriddle Wrote: Response time from the server I have set up is fast enough that I really notice minor optimizations in my SQL code.

While I don't intend to discourage the use of Nginx or HHVM by people who wish to use them, I would like to point out that this should be the case regardless of your choice of server environment. If not, there's something severely wrong with either the host or the codebase. Data access and remote calls should be the slowest parts of a website, with very few exceptions.

thanks everybody for yours answers.
right now I'm using nginx+hhvm+CI all works perfect for now Smile

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB