Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
How to manage dates on an auto refreshing demo site

Because the original text file that now contains all sql insert statements I generated by exporting the database to a text file.

However, if you are suggesting that I could go through all the dates, and replace them with expressions based around NOW, that would take some time, but worse, it would mean that when I next generate an SQL export with test data, to keep the demo up to date, I would have to do it all again. (I might have to do this for instance if the table structures change when functionality is added.)

In fact, thinking about it now, when I regenerate all the sample data when it comes time to update on the test server, I am going to have this same date problem.

I think I am going to have to update the SQL text file directly or with some other routine.

So what do other demos do when it come to date sensitivity for refreshed or reset data?

Thanks for your input on this, am still stuck though as to not just what I should do now, but what it is exactly I should have done to repopulate the demo on the website in terms of dates.

Best wishes,

Paul.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to manage dates on an auto refreshing demo site - by PaulD - 10-23-2015, 02:34 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB